Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kane's Live Appearances

Go down 
+2
Lynn
specialjenny
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

Kane's Live Appearances Empty
PostSubject: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyWed May 24, 2006 2:54 pm

23rd May 2006 - Album Launch at Bar Me, Sydney

Not going to tell you the boring bits..

The venue is a tiny little 'underground' function room with about 15 tables and filled with about 40ish people? (Jen, correct me if I'm wrong!) Very warm and cosy though. Kane had a 4 piece orchestra and David on guitar and piano.

Kane came on and apologised that his voice hasn't been functioning today. (But he still did great considering it)

He sang some songs from the album including: Come Vivrei, Crying & Kiss from a rose. And songs outside the album including : How do you keep the music playing (which melted me)

Jen, where are you? I need to fill in the info!!

Then we met Kane's manager - Peter who we chatted a bit, and good news that he'll be having more concerts at the end of June in both Sydney and Melb, so keep an eye out!

And we also got to meet Kane, it was great to see him again. I love you And Mr Andy Jones too!

We ended the night with having a couple of drinks (well me anyway, Jen had to drive, thanks for the lift!) with Peter and his friends.

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyThu May 25, 2006 3:06 am

Thanks for the report Jenny Cool Wish I could have been there with Jen and you - sounds like you had a great time and Kane was awesome as usual. On the upside, the intimate setting sounds like it would have been perfect for Kane's style Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 11:06 am

1st July 2006 - The Vanguard in Newtown, Sydney

Jenwren is the first in with her post-concert report - today at 12:35...well done Jen! dancing bear

jenwren wrote:
What can I say.... Belle, Lynne, Jenny.... you were there with me. The show was brilliant. Please feel free to expand further.

Okay... where to begin....

Kane sang beautifully and I wish he could have sung for longer. Kane did two encores. For the first, it was John Farnham's classic "Please don't ask me", then despite many suggestions from the hugely appreciative audience he setlled on "Let it Rain".

Not only did we hear songs from the album, Kane's rendition of "How do you Keep the Music Playing" was simply superb. Then there was the "duet" with Sally Cooper in "Mi Mancherai" - so emotive. Sally Cooper (on lead violin) and David Cameron (on piano) have been with Kane since he was introduced to us enmass through Il Divo. I'm simply in awe of this man's talent and ability. Ever the gentleman, Kane took the time to chat, sign his CD and have his photo taken with the many admirers that stayed for a late nightcap at the bar. Thank you Kane for your time.

For those who went, we had an absolute ball, and for those who didn't go, you missed a good show. But if you want to see him again, Kane is back at the Vanguard on the 28th and 29th of July. Be sure to book early.

Jen
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 11:31 am

Thanks Jen for the report - it was a great night! Hmmm...where to start? Jen, Jenny, Belle and I made our way to the Hilton to park (managing not to get lost along the way) and caught a cab to the Vanguard. Have to say the venue wasn't quite what I expected from their website; we got there early to ensure good seats i.e. 7pm and thought we'd order food from the bar, but there was no food service apart from the dinner diners (next time we'll get the dinner and show tickets)....luckily there was a convenience store next door so we had crackers and dip for dinner lol!

The support act of Sally Cooper with David Cameron and a lovely cellist was good; favourite would have to be the second piece which was oriental in style. When Kane came on stage - wow. I've listened to the CD a number of times, but hearing 'Let It Rain', 'Crying' and 'Everything That I Am' live last night....let me just say that hearing Kane sing these songs live is something not to be missed. wave In addition to these and a number of other songs from the CD, Kane sang a few new songs....'Mi Mancherai', 'Please Don't Ask Me' and 'How Do You Keep the Music Playing'. After two encores at the request of an entranced audience, Kane chatted with fans, signed CDs and was kind enough to pose for photos.

A wonderful performance by a gentleman - absolutely cannot wait for his next performances on the 28th and 29th of July.

Thank you Kane.diva

Last edited by on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyMon Jul 03, 2006 7:39 am

There's not much that I can add to what Jen & Lynn have already said. I enjoyed the support act, even though I didn't feel the connection or the bond between the 3 of them.

Kane was fantastic, some of his songs still make me teary when listen to them live performed eg. Let it Rain
Still wish he sang Escape though!

Like the others have said, he stayed behind and made sure he chatted to everyone and signed every copy before he left the building. What a gentleman. It was great to talk to Andy and Peter again too. Hope to catch Kane again in one of the 2 coming shows back at the Vanguard.

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyTue Jul 04, 2006 5:05 am

Well there really isn't much else to add to Kane's performance - which was lovely. The Vanguard wasn't quite what I expected - it was a good thing we were there early - if we sat anywhere else i'm sure we would not have enjoyed the performance as much as we did! and what was the deal regarding the no serving food???? silly people - also the sound system was a little bit of a let down - Kane was wonderful, don't get me wrong but the balance just seemed to be a little off..

While I loved the the overall feel of the Vanguard .. very dark, mysterious (awesome gargoyles) I can't help but feel that Kane would have vastly benefitted from a larger venue. Goodness knows he could certainly draw in enough people! I liked his support act (Jen and I loved their shoes) she certainly put all her emotion and feeling into playing and that was a joy to watch.

My favourite song would have to be Everything that I am -and I was thrilled to see Kane perform that live (and Crying.. love that song). The rapport Kane held with the audience was lovely and further highlighted during the "what do I sing for the encore" kerfuffle.. ehhehe.. Kane - you could sing the Alphabet song and i'm sure we'd be all happy Very Happy and really... Timeless is an interesting duet, but if Il Divo could pull off "I believe in you" without Celine, then you can pull off Timeless without Tina.

After the performance we were lucky enough to be able to say hello to the man himself and deliver chocolatey goodness - who doesn't love chocolatey goodness. After a little chat whilst he was signing our posters he soon left as did we.

There endeth an interesting night.
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyThu Jul 06, 2006 6:22 am

I have forgotten to add how much I have enjoyed reading your reports about Kane's shows. Thankyou so much. He sounds like a really lovely person too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySun Jul 09, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks Yvonne - Kane's performances are always amazing and he is such a gentleman too!
On another point - success! yay Finally figured out how to get around technical difficulties and load a clip of Kane performing 'Crying' at the concert This link is available in the Media and Links page....enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySat Jul 29, 2006 2:19 pm

Hello Lyn
Ok I believe there was a concert on last night?????????????????
Reports please Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked dancing bear
Where are YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I know you had a great time!! craazy
xxxxx
Rania
xxxx
MF
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySat Jul 29, 2006 3:41 pm

28th July 2006 - The Vanguard in Newtown, Sydney

Hello Rania!!! and everyone else

I'm late - I know - it's been kinda crazy - only had 5 hours sleep then had to teach for 2.5 hours, do the lovely fun stuff i.e. 3 loads of laundry and study....but I'm here now and omg, last night was awesome!!!

Okay, firstly, my friend Jenelle came with me in spite of not know much about Kane and having spent the whole day at a work function - by the end, she could understand my fascination with his music and voice and declared her favourites as "Kiss from a Rose" and "Crying". cheers Another new fan.

We got there about 7.30ish and as we were walking in the doors, I noticed two gentleman with guitar cases coming in behind us. The logical assumption was they were from Calabro, Bova and Whear - the talented support act for the night. Indeed, it was Richard Calabro and Lance Whear Very Happy I introduced Jenelle and I and mentioned that my lovely friend Rania had seen them a few weeks ago when they appeared as support for Alfio and how much she enjoyed them, especially the song which has quite a strong Mediterranean influence (I did ask if any of the gentlemen played the bouzouki and the answer was 'no'). As Rania couldn't make the night, I was messenger and had a little bag of chocolatey goodness for them - and they were so surprised! yay Apparently, it's the first time ever (and they've been together for four years) that they have received a gift. Richard said they would dedicate a song to you (they did and it's the Mediterranean one which I videod and will send to you). A great performance by some talented gentlemen - looking forward to their CD....

In the break between Calabro, Bova & Whear, and Kane's performance, I ran into our favourite cellist - Sally Maer! woot Yes, it was another Sally Sighting and she did share some great news - I have added this to the Sally Sightings.... pinksmile

Kane opened with 'Come Vivrei' which was absolutely amazing and then only got better from there. No matter how many times I hear 'Crying', 'Let It Rain' and 'Nella Fantasia' on the CD, I am still awestruck when I watch / hear him perform live. Just the passion and emotion he conveys - wow. applause Have to admit, I was almost in tears during 'Crying' and 'Let it Rain'. Embarassed sadangel 'Mi Mancherai' - hope it's on the next album because it is so heartfelt. egg heart

Had a fun time chatting with Andy and Peter; chatted a bit more with Sally and met her lovely friend; and then chatted with Kane and had the chance to hand deliver chocolatey goodness just before we all left. Kane wished me 'happy birthday' and I have to say 'thanks' to Belle for letting him know it's my birthday in a few days.

And those were the highlights of the night!

I can't wait till the next one bounce dancing bear
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySat Jul 29, 2006 4:06 pm

well. .. i think i speak for all of us when i say, what the words can't convey, the smiley's certainly do!

glad you had a great time... hope to see jenelle on here sometime (not to mention kane, the "guitar trio" - as seen on their .myspace, sally, andy and peter)

hyper hiwave
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

PostSubject: go girl   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySat Jul 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Hello Lynn yay yay yay muahaha
First of all i want to thank you for going all out for me
wave wave
I am sure you too now think after seing
those fine young gentlemen perform how OUTSTANDING and BRILIANT they are cheers cheers
I am soooo happy you had a great time
and Kane wishing you a Happy Birthday must have been just so perfect I love you I love you I hope you managed to get some pics of the two of you happy sun
Looking forward to the video .A song dedicated to me
OMG i am blushing!!!!
You are amazing!!! By the way i got the text what was it 2.15 am ???
you sure did have a great time hahahaha
I cannot wait to see kane Live again serenade
Thanks again hiwave
xxxxxx
Rania
MF
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptySun Jul 30, 2006 6:44 am

Hey Rania hiwave

You are totally welcome - it was a pleasure and the guys were outstanding. As Belle pointed out from the smilies - I had a great time and although I didn't get any photos with Kane (or the guys), it was an amazing night and will always bring a smile to my face when I remember it. pinksmile
I will be sending the CD today with the clips and a few special things on it - just for you MM muahaha

Looking forward to going to Kane's next performance and hope you, Belle, Jenelle and some of the other girls can come along too.
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

PostSubject: hi   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyMon Jul 31, 2006 5:20 am

Hey Lynn hiwave
So glad you had a brilliant time surounded by all these Gentlemen
Shocked Shocked Shocked
I wish i was there.Next time
Thank you miss KK
from MM
xxxxxx
Rania muahaha muahaha
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyMon Jul 31, 2006 8:33 am

Hi everyone,

I don't know if you noticed in the entertainment pages in your weekend Age or Daily Mirror or whatever papers you have on the weekend, that Kane is going to be special guest of Katherine Jenkins when she tours here, oh gosh I have now forgotten which month she is coming here.
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyFri Sep 01, 2006 4:49 pm

Kane has a couple of new concert dates for Sydney and Melb. on his website if you want to check them out. Only problem is that they are in Nov! Hard to say if I'll be free or not.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyMon Sep 04, 2006 5:10 am

thanks Jenny
it's great to see him keep coming back to Sydney!
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 1:28 pm

Hello everyone
It has been a while since i have posted great to be back with great news
I saw that Kane is going to perform at the Vanguard on the 23 November !! bounce
Ok who is going??????
KK where are you????
xxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 10:09 am

Hey Rania,

Great to see you back (and be back myself)! Fabulous news about Kane's concert...I will be going with Jenelle again. She was quite happy at the suggestion - as she pointed out, this time she'll be awake enough to enjoy it lol. Last time we went, she'd been up since 4am with a rather stressful day... Will you be coming along? Would be lovely to see you and Sandy again...
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 4:45 pm

Hi Rania,

I'll get back to you regarding Kane's concert. Can't wait to see him with Katherine Jenkins tomorrow night at the State theatre!

So excited.

Hope you're all doing well.
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyFri Oct 06, 2006 12:16 am

Hello Lynn,
The pleasure will be all mine!! muahaha
Sandy is on holidays so i will ask when she gets back
I am looking forward to seeing Kane up close and personal
I think the Vanguard is a top venue and the food second to none!!!
Jenny you are a lucky girl,I must have missed that.
Didnt know he was playing at the State!!
I wouldnt have been able to go since I am busy with a couple of weddings this week
Have fun and dont forget some Pics if the ushers are in a good mood
woot xxxxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Number of posts : 167
Location : In the heart & mind of the man whos my inspiration - ALFIO
Registration date : 2006-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyFri Oct 06, 2006 6:51 am

Have fun at the concert at the State Jenny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alfiosgirl
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Hey guys..

Kane was fantastic at Katherine's show!!! He sang songs from the album as well as Mi Mancherai with Sally on violin. The theatre really suited him and it seems like he had a fantastic time too!

Then I ran into him at the bar at the hotel where he was staying. And I didn't go and say hello to him till he was about to leave. And his parents were there too.

So I had a quick chat with Kane, he was surprise to see me and asked me why I didn't come over earlier.. aww...

Oh and I just booked tickets to see Kane on the 23rd Nov. So to those who are going - see you there!

Here's a pic of Kane and me.

Kane's Live Appearances Picture001s
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

PostSubject: hello   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 1:56 pm

hey jenny lovely to chat with you
What a beautiful pic .He is getting more and more handsome each time I see him
Hope to see you there!! yay
xxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances EmptyMon Oct 23, 2006 3:57 am

Jen that was a gorgeous photo thanks for sharing it!
Like a Star @ heaven What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kane's Live Appearances   Kane's Live Appearances Empty

Back to top Go down

Kane's Live Appearances
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next