Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Il Divo - Australia 2007

Go down 
+2
Adelle
alfiosgirl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Number of posts : 167
Location : In the heart & mind of the man whos my inspiration - ALFIO
Registration date : 2006-05-01

Il Divo - Australia 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2006 3:26 am

Hello Very Happy

Did any of you manage to get tickets to the
Australian concerts..?

If so,I hope that you all managed to get the
best seats possible Cool

Jacqueline xxxxx

innocent - harp
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alfiosgirl
Adelle
Adelle

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyTue Dec 05, 2006 12:56 am

I cant go! CRIES!!! ARGH! craazy craazy craazy craazy craazy frying pan frying pan frying pan brickwall brickwall brickwall brickwall brickwall confusedeye confusedeye confusedeye confusedeye jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop sadblue sadblue sadblue sadblue techdiff techdiff techdiff techdiff
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 8:33 am

Belle and I just got our tickets - it's going to be a fabulous week! Sunday night with the Ten Tenors, Belle and two of my favourite peeps, then Friday night with Il Divo *sigh* Can't ask for anything more cheers
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:51 am

Congrats on getting tickets to Lynn and her friends rendeer

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 am

Am very much looking forward to the concert on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 8:14 am

I am going on the 16th Feb to Vodafone arena in Melbourne, cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 8:39 am

Vodafone arena isn't that where they play tennis? lol
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2007 12:22 pm

Since the venues are so different to where the guys played last time, i'd love to hear how the acoustics and overall atmosphere plays out...
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptySat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 am

Yes they play tennis there, but that is over for the year. Congrats to Roger Federer on winning the Australian Open again for the third time running, he is so awesome, he is one of my faves, but I like Rafael Nadal and Fernando Gonzalez also. They also play basketball there at VA.
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2007 3:02 am

2 DAYS TO GO LADIES UNTIL THE BEAUTIFUL DIVO'S ARE IN SYDNEY...

I CAN ALMOST FEEL THE EXCITEMENT OVER HERE IN ENGLAND bounce bounce bounce bounce

ENJOY!!!!!

J x
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 1:46 am

Definitely feeling the excitement here too Jacqui!

Only 9 hours to go - not that I'm counting or anything! cheers

Will promise to fill you in as soon as we come back from Cloud 9 hyper
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 8:37 am

It is now nearly 20 hours after an amazing concert last night and I can't stop hearing 'Pour que tu meme encore' in my head....well that and William Joseph's 'Getting Down Under' cheerleader

Belle and I started our afternoon by heading in to Sydney to do some music research at AMCOZ - after two hours of this, we headed for Lindt (naturally we'd earnt a treat after all that hard work evil grin whip ). Any of you who have been to dessert with us will know that this always has an interesting effect on my sister... bouncybaby We also met with JenWren before the show - it was good seeing her after so long - and met her and Cheryl again after.

jawdrop William Joseph was the support artist and OMG - he is an amazing pianist. As soon as he had finished his set (which included 'Getting Down Under' being played partially lying down on the pianostool!) I ducked out to get two copies of his CD. pinksmile

Il Divo opened with 'Nights in White Satin' and finished with the eternal favourite 'Somewhere' with fans surrounding them around the stage. diva They performed songs from all three albums: 'Heroe', 'Passera', 'Have you ever really loved a woman', 'Mama', ' Everytime I Look at You', 'Regres a Mi', 'Caruso', 'La Vida Sin Amor' and others innocent - harp It was a brilliant performance except for Sebastien's microphone malfunctioning a few times; it would have been even better in a more intimate theatre setting (like last year's State Theatre) or if the screen in the background had been on all the time...

All in all, a night to remember and I'm already looking forward to the next one not worthy Photos have been posted to the Gallery....

Looking forward to hearing from Belle, JenWren and SpecialJenny....
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Andrea....where are you Laughing

We know ya home and await your report with
anticipation Razz

Best Wishes,

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 am

Absolutely!!! what did you think??? where you able to actually see the guys??? did you take any photos? Like a Star @ heaven sadblue where are you?????
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 6:19 am

I don't have much to add! I totally agree that it really felt impersonal because the venue was way too big! And I did wish the screen was on the whole time as I was very very far away!

The boys sang great (as you would have expected) But I felt disappointed in a sense that I thought they would 'grab' me, but they didn't.

but that's just me!
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 4:56 am

Vodafone arena here in Melbourne is not exactly the best place for concerts either, but be assured that I still had the most amazing time. My mum loves them, she just thinks the sun shines from David and Seb- but she loves them all really, but you should see her face when Seb and David do their parts.

Seb had some great moves happening during La Vida Sin Amor, I am sure you would have read our postings about them. That man sure can move.

A wonderful breathtaking concert, but no more in Vodafone Arena please. I wonder what the guys actually thought of the venue. To me it is fine for tennis and basketball and I did see the Idol 2 concert in there also a couple of years back, but it is not the best place. The atmosphere is not there. However the guys more than make up for it.

Thankyou David, Seb, Urs and Carlos for a wonderful evenings entertainment. Loved every minute of it- was way too short though. Waiting all that time for it to come, then it is all over.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2007 4:49 am

scratch looks like quite a few people have the same opinion, hopefully the guys will be able to do something about this "impersonal" touch of stadiums.....

though Thanks for posting Yvonne - and Seb dancing... oh yea! cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo - Australia 2007   Il Divo - Australia 2007 Empty

Back to top Go down

Il Divo - Australia 2007
Page 1 of 1