Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gari's Live Performances

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

Gari's Live Performances Empty
PostSubject: Gari's Live Performances   Gari's Live Performances EmptySun Dec 10, 2006 7:15 am

If you've seen or met Gari, this is the place to chat about it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
Lizoraga

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Gari's Live Performances   Gari's Live Performances EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Very Happy Well I'v certainly seen and met Gari Very Happy But this is BIG NEWS

Gari is to host his own show at IndegO2 in June with Guests by the way for those of you who like me Embarassed had to ask IndegO2 is part of the Millenium Dome in London cheerleader cheerleader cheerleader

Photobucket

Jonathon Brosnan presents
Gari Glaysher with special guests Craig Ogden + Eliza Emery + Robyn Sevastos + Naomi Watson
Friday 20th June 2008 / doors open at 7:00 / £20

age restrictions: 16+ years welcome. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.

Please note, all indigO2 shows are aged 18+ (unless otherwise stated).
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Photographic ID will be required.
Valid forms of ID: Passport, Driving License or ISIC Card

KINGS ROW: Please note, no under 18s permitted in Kings Row.

Ticketmaster 0844 844 0002
SEE Tickets 0870 405 0448
Ticketline 0870 444 5556

CHECK OUT the IndigO2 Website for details
http://www.theindigo2.co.uk/listings/082006_gari.shtml

Also

Garis Official Website at

http://www.gariglaysher.com/
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gariglaysher...myspace.com/gariglaysherfansit
Lizoraga

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Gari's Live Performances   Gari's Live Performances EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 am

indegO2 my own impression of the evening- JoX

Photobucket

For those who were unable to join us I'm afraid to say that you missed a realy wonderful evening.

My day started with a train journey then a tube from London Bridge to the O2, which was realy easy to find as you come off the tube right into O2 itself. I thought I'd stand for a while in the square and watch the Big screen until Gari's ad for the show came on. However who was coming out of the doors but Gari himself and his friend Tony, who by the way was wearing a T.shirt with "I can spell Opera" on the front. Those of you who saw ITV's This Morning Show will know why, and he had "One Voice in a Million" on the back. So after hugs and greetings we went into O2 and they showed me where the indego hall was.

Later after I had checked into my hotel and dressed for the evening I had to go through the security again and the guards especially the ladies ( there's no surprise ), after seeing us together earlier and his picture on the screens, were asking me who Gari was.

Some of the fans had already arrived and were waiting for me, and during coffee and chatter Gari popped in to say hello, then had to go as his brothers had arrived. People had come from all over to see him, Newcastle, Cornwall and Scotland were some of the places mentioned.

When we entered the concert hall we found that it was a intimate venue, quite unlike the reports I had been given of the O2 hall which was said to be only good for rock bands. This one had a friendly atmosphere and having so many people who had come together as new friends to see Gari made it more so.

There was a great introduction hailing Gari as " One of the worlds most exciting new Spinto Tenors " and as the curtain came up, Gari was standing centre stage wearing a velvet jacket and jeans with coloured smoke swirling in cone shapes in the background, and he looked every inch the star.

The first song was Sarabande a very special song as he wrote the words for his lovely wife who has supported him, and he dedicated it to her, and also to Rose of the Le club lair site as he knows it is her favorite song. The programme for the evening was.

Sarabande - Handel

Questa O Quella - Verdi

Fur Elise - Beethoven

Una Furtiva Lagrima - Donizetti

Granada - Lara

Nuages - Reinhardt

Aranjuez - Rodrigo

Casta Diva - Bellini

Brindisi - Verdi

O Sole Mio - Eduardo Di Catu

E Lucevan Stelle - Puccini

And ended the first half with an enchanted audiance

Photobucket

The second half Gari came on more relaxed in jeans and a dark shirt.

and started with

Tonight - Bernstein

Romanza - Malavassi

It's Been a Long Time - Eliza Emery

The Prayer - Forster & Bayer Sager

Dies Irae - Mozart

Ava Maria - Schubert

Volare - Mudugno

Glitter and be Gay - Bernstien & Wilber

Con Te Partiro - Satori & Quarantotto

Core n Grato - Cardillo

Nessun Dorma - Puccini

Gari went on to dedicate many of the songs to other friends including myself who he sang the beautiful Aranjuez for, and had one of his guests Craig Ogden join him by playing the guitar. Thank You Gari.

His antics on the stage and Tommy Cooper jokes went down well while waiting for a few things to be sorted out . There were some wonderful duets with his guests Eliza Emery, Rebbeca Naomi Watson, Robin Sevastos and Craig Ogden, we were also entertained by a flamenco dancer Angela Alonso and a great community choir The Pink Singers.

Gari was relaxed and charming his powerful and emotional voice was superb throughout, and carried him well through each song, ending with Nessun Dorma to the delight of everyone, who then stood cheered him and threw roses. He looked wonderful on a stage covered with roses from his many fans, friends and family.

Gari must have thanked every single person individually who had stayed to meet him, and after some time spent in the VIP lounge he was whisked off in a Limo, a fitting end to the evening and for Best Tenor in the world today Gari Glaysher.

Photobucket

Gari and I before the show
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/gariglaysher...myspace.com/gariglaysherfansit
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gari's Live Performances   Gari's Live Performances Empty

Back to top Go down

Gari's Live Performances
Page 1 of 1