Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bravo's Live Performances

Go down 
+4
potential_genius
specialjenny
Rania
Lynn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

Bravo's Live Performances Empty
PostSubject: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptySun Jun 11, 2006 8:22 am

This is the place to post your memories and reports of Bravo concerts you have attended....
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptySun Jun 11, 2006 8:42 am

The first time I heard Bravo was at their performance at Sydney's Star City Showroom - the only things I knew about them were what I'd read in intro articles and that Ian Stenlake was on Stingers. They were great - some of the songs they performed were completely new to me but many were old favourites such as Unchained Melody, I Will Survive, Don't Cry Out Loud and Only You just to name a few.

Definitely looking forward to hearing more from them and waiting to get my paws on a CD when it becomes available.

I was lucky enough to share this experience with my sister, Rania, Adelle and Debbie - a great day with lots of laughs over lunch before seeing the performance. Rania arranged for each of us to have single roses as gifts for the guys - yes, we did give it to them as they were making their way through the audience in the second song of the show. Pretty sure we surprised them - this group of ladies waving roses at them... Laughing Also got to say hello to Sally Maer who was the cellist in their band that day - an awesome performer herself (visit the Sally Maer topic to find out more about her). There were no programs available but their manager was kind enough to get the guys to autograph the pamphlets available for us Very Happy The best part was when we were on our way to the cars, we met Scott at the ticket machine and he was lovely and let us get some photos with him...these will go up someday... bounce
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyMon Jun 12, 2006 3:33 am

Hello Everyone cheers
Well the first time I heard of our Gorgeous BRAVO Gentlemen
Shocked Very Happy Laughing bounce
was when I saw the add in the sunday Telegraph just after the departure of the other fine Gentlemen, Il Divo!!!!!!!!
I certainly Knew of each of the guys carreers individually but didnt have a clue that they had banded together as BRAVO!!!
Delighted when my lovely friends Lynn and Belle asked me if I wanted to go to their concert at Star City bounce bounce
Joined by Adelle and Debbie, we had a brilliant time and
Behaved like 12 year olds !!!!What was your excuse girls?????
Mine I was seing my Idol Ian Stenlake after all this time !!!!
My favourite in STINGERS!!! I love you I love you I love you
We had some lovely photos taken prior to the concert in front of their Posters for a little fun. Thank you Scott for giving up your time to take pics with us after the concert.
Their sound was brilliant!! A little more like cabaret, mixed with comedy and operatic pop!!James Rocks he sends shivers when he sings. Very animated and with so much feeling, the baby of the group. I love you
They have so much fun on stage, interact with their audience beautifully, and are true Aussie Gentleman with a refined twist.
The second part of their show was more to my liking .
They showcased their voices with the song choices.
Thank you Gentlemen!!! cheers
Thank you for the lovely memories. We are looking forward to another great evening and a CD release very soon
BRAVO!!!!!!! bounce cheers cheers
I will post pics later
xxxxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyMon Jun 12, 2006 6:52 am

Hello pic time!!! bounce
Adelle I hope you can send us the ones of Scott please!!!!
Bravo's Live Performances DSCN2163
Bravo's Live Performances DSCN2167
Bravo's Live Performances DSCN2164
Bravo's Live Performances DSCN2160
Bravo's Live Performances Rose-02-june

xxxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyMon Jun 12, 2006 8:15 am

Great pics!!! Looks like Dell's got her eyes on Scott!

I've seen the pic of Dell and Scott, it's lovely.

I also saw an ad of Bravo in newspaper and hooked up with a girlfriend of mine to see them the night after you girls!

We didn't know what to expect from them when we went but we were blown away! I have never laughed so hard ever before! Surprised Smile Razz

Love the song choices, except for James singing You raise me up, because it's my Joshie's song! Razz

But seriously, we were really really really impressed. And Now I am looking forward to seeing them again on the 25th.

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyMon Jun 12, 2006 2:54 pm

You guys look terrific! Sounds like you had a fantastic time.. Very Happy

Andrea xxxx
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyWed Jun 14, 2006 5:53 am

I think Scott may have been in Les Miserables as an understudy, very interesting to see that a very young Spencer McLaren was an understudy in Beauty and The Beast. I was having a flick through some of the programs I have at home.
Back to top Go down
Wayakka

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyMon Jun 26, 2006 10:31 am

Yvonne35 wrote:
I think Scott may have been in Les Miserables as an understudy, very interesting to see that a very young Spencer McLaren was an understudy in Beauty and The Beast. I was having a flick through some of the programs I have at home.

Scott actually wasn't an understudy in LM. He played Enjolras! He was one of only a couple of actors who were with the revival cast for the entire tour!

And of course, he was 'the other' Gaston in BatB, which most people forget because of Hugh Jackman.
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyTue Jun 27, 2006 7:02 am

I saw the Les Mis cast with Anthony Warlow, absolutely ages ago.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyTue Jun 27, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi Wayakka - welcome!

Its great having more people on the forum as we get to learn so much more about these artists and see the other work that they've done Very Happy

Must say - I love Les Miserables. I've heard it countless times Very Happy

Belle
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyTue Jun 27, 2006 3:22 pm

Hihi Wayakka - welcome Very Happy

Yay - another Les Mis fan. Totally loved it and have seen the 10th anniversary performance countless times. The English version (as we know it) is much different to the original French though (which I also love) - the songs are in a different order and the story is slightly different...but just as wonderful Smile Smile

Recently found out our beloved Sally was in the 10th Anniversary performance orchestra - yay Sally! Yes, another sighting....one of many...

We hope you have fun here Wayakka cheers
Back to top Go down
Stingergal

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyMon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am

Hi. I am a huge bravo fan- saw them at star city and sydney town hall- never saw this site before! thought i would write because i have just heard that they will be doing the carols this year and next year they will be doing the Melbourne Arts Centre for a brand new concert with new material and stuff! Very Happy apparently they had to take a break while all three did some theatre commitments but will be hitting melbourne and sydney again big time in the new year!!!! i also sent a message to Scott on the bravo website and he said they take requests for material that people would like to hear. i want more simon and garfunkle
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances EmptyTue Sep 19, 2006 6:00 am

cheerleader wave welcome
Hi Stingergal!

It's great to see the guys are gaining more attention. they are fantastic singers in their own right. and i certainly agree - i love their takes on simon and garfunkel. It's great to see them getting more out and about too!!

Belle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravo's Live Performances   Bravo's Live Performances Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravo's Live Performances
Page 1 of 1