Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Music students

Go down 
+4
Mikelana
potential_genius
Lynn
Belle
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Music students   Music students EmptySun May 21, 2006 6:33 am

Seeing as how this is a forum dedicated to music in particular that of the classical / popera style, I was just curious to find out how many people who listen to these artists study or have studied the music.

And for all of you who have, does that change how you listen to the music or give you a better understanding or respect for these artists?

Belle
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptySun May 21, 2006 7:40 am

Interesting question...well, music has always been important to me, especially when my parents started me on piano lessons at age 4. The fact that I am still struggling to get through the AMEB's lowest performance grade is testament to my non-natural talent and wishful thinking Laughing On the upside, I have been studyig singing for 6 years and fared slightly better - hoping to pass the AMEB's truly terrifying A.Mus exam this year - may take a miracle Twisted Evil And ofcourse the little things you get fascinated with for a while then lose interest in....musicianship/theory...flute....guitar....recorder (it's a school thing - really).

Have to say yes to your question. The classical training and immense hours of practice just for lessons and exams definitely give me an appreciation for the years these performers have devoted to achieving their high performance standards and their ongoing perfection of their craft. And when you consider the varied backgrounds and styles they use - wow. Just wow.
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-05-10

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptySun May 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Ahh well! I have been doing piano now for 9 years, mostly classical stuff but lately I have learnt alot of Norah Jones music. I teach a school kid once a week (should charge him more really). I love piano but just don't have the time for it anymore. I never sat the AMEB exams, never cared much for theory which I regret now, could always go back to it though! Maybe Lynn can give me some inspiration??

Andrea xx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyMon May 29, 2006 2:55 am

That's wonderful Andrea - would love to hear you play sometime Smile . I completely understand what you mean about the lack of time - that explains why I'm still struggling lol! If you do decide you want to go back and do the theory and AMEB exams, you'll probably find you'll breeze straight through it since you've been playing for so many years. The one for inspiration would be Belle - she's been playing for almost as long as I have and she's a much better pianist....as for theory, when I get lost, I ask her for help scratch
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyWed May 31, 2006 1:15 pm

hahaha, i'm sorry, i read lynn's endorsement and just had to start laughing.

andrea - i can't wait to hear you play... and don't worry about AMEB, you're right you can always go back and do it at a later stage.
mwah. take care
Belle
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-05-10

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyWed May 31, 2006 2:16 pm

hehee you guys are so cute.
Exams Exams Exams I think I will finish uni and then perhaps go for AMEB again, I don't think I can hack doing law and piano theory at the same time!

Love Andrea
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-06-04

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyMon Jul 10, 2006 3:32 am

Hey there! I was told by the wonderful belle of this forum to come and check this out! It is very interesting how there are many talented people out here and yet people don't take time to notice it! very kool!

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyMon Jul 10, 2006 3:46 am

Hey Mikelana - your first post - how exciting and CONGRATS bestwishes
you failed to mention that YOU are also a musician.. so I'll do it for you Razz mwah. Another pianist, singer and guitarist amngst us.... now that's multitalented applause
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Number of posts : 74

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyMon Jul 10, 2006 5:19 am

Hello Mikelana cheers bounce bounce
Welcome to our talented forum Laughing
Thats it !!!!! Piano lessons for me as from next week!!
Oh maybe I can learn to play the Bouzouki.
Unfortunately poor Andrea had a taste of my playing !!!
God put it away !!!I am sure I heard her say that!!!hihihihi
I dont blame her it was a little how should I say BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Sorry girls I play with flowers does that count?????
xxxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyMon Jul 10, 2006 7:16 am

welcome Mikelana! Very exciting about your first post. And another musician - and a multi-talented one too - YAY!! What do you like to play / sing? Do you have any favourites? Have to ask - have you played any of the NDP stuff? tongue wave

And Rania - would love to hear you play the bouzouki Smile Yes - the the flower playing definitely counts because they always look fabulous when you're done diva
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyMon Jul 10, 2006 6:36 pm

Lynn wrote:
welcome Mikelana! Very exciting about your first post. And another musician - and a multi-talented one too - YAY!! What do you like to play / sing? Do you have any favourites? Have to ask - have you played any of the NDP stuff? tongue wave

And Rania - would love to hear you play the bouzouki Smile Yes - the the flower playing definitely counts because they always look fabulous when you're done diva

Hey there! Um... I've played the Clarinet for 2 years as well and the snare drums. Pretty cool I love the Snare drums played Star Wars and that was amazing! I sing pop songs trying to go toward the pop opera part, but that will take awhile. The only songs I've sang that was towards the popera is of course Il Divo songs, I believe in you and Pour que tu m'aime encore. They are very nice songs! Um... I haven't sung any songs from NDP but I've sung songs by Le Roi Soleil of course! he he he, I wanted to do something like that be an actress in a french musical (My dream career) I love actin as well played in many plays and 2 musicals, My small role was in Rats and my first big role was in the musical of Cinderella and I was Cinderella. It was nice and fun! lol took alot of time to prepare so I guess it was worth it. Hum... There was this show where two students who can sing played at Characters in Le Roi Soleil and they sang with Emmanuel Moire, I wish I could do that! It was be really cool! But anyways I have to go so I'll talk to you later bye!

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Music students Empty
PostSubject: hello   Music students EmptyTue Jul 11, 2006 1:14 am

MIKELANA take a bow cheers cheers cheers
wave
All that at your tender age!!!
well done keep up the good work
follow your dreams and never loose sight of the direction you want your career to take.
Well done!!!!! egg heart
xxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyTue Jul 11, 2006 4:47 am

Rania wrote:
MIKELANA take a bow cheers cheers cheers
wave
All that at your tender age!!!
well done keep up the good work
follow your dreams and never loose sight of the direction you want your career to take.
Well done!!!!! egg heart
xxx
Rania

he he he Thank you! There is so much I want to do! I even wanted to model! lol but I think that is way off my dreams. tongue It's really cool to be in this thread! I love this forum alot! he he he! Thanks to Belle and Lynn! *Hugs* But I guess the talents are thanks to my parents who force me to do it. Like piano lessons. I hated that he he he, but it is useful when you want to sing to something. Guitar lessons was all me but I had to learn on my own lol My parents helped a little. They got me a CD and everything to learn. Very thankful for that. The french... I'm greatful for my parents to sign me up for that! Alliance Francaise really helps! I didn't know a single french but now I'm almost bilingual! yay! Oh and I'd really love to thank my parents for signing me up for Soccer. I never knew I could play ever! So that is great he he he. I thought I was only a basketball player but that was very interesting ( Yah, that isn't music he he he sorry) Oh and on other thing My parents are really kool to actually sign me up for the Academy of Theatre and Arts! I love it! Really fun! I get to meet alot of people! And they said if I'm really good I get a scholarship to the university of my dream, The Toronto film school of Theatre and Arts! Wink he he he.... The only thing that I'm worried about is getting my hopes up, so I plan if that doesn't work, find something to do in french! he he he... I love French! Wow... I write to much! lol And those stuff aren't even talents. lol anyways I'll stop he he he...

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Adelle
Adelle

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-05-08

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyTue Jul 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Im not musical at all! Nup, note a musical bone in my clumsy body
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyWed Jul 12, 2006 5:34 am

oh you really want me to go *there*.... right ok for everyone who doesn't know, Adelle is another huge star in the making. A singer inspired by Amici she recently auditioned for a part in Disneyland.... not only did she get in, she also scored herself a solo part...

i love telling people this i really do. thanks Dell!
you're amazing and talented and i so can't wait till you do a tour in France and you and Mikelana can perform together and the rest of us will be your fan club.
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyWed Jul 12, 2006 5:41 am

Belle wrote:
oh you really want me to go *there*.... right ok for everyone who doesn't know, Adelle is another huge star in the making. A singer inspired by Amici she recently auditioned for a part in Disneyland.... not only did she get in, she also scored herself a solo part...

i love telling people this i really do. thanks Dell!
you're amazing and talented and i so can't wait till you do a tour in France and you and Mikelana can perform together and the rest of us will be your fan club.

Aww... that is really cool! I love the musicals in Disneyland! I saw Cinderella and Beauty and the beast there last summer! And I loved it! I wish I could've have been one of those amazing singers/ actresses! Very interesting!

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyWed Jul 12, 2006 7:10 am

You beat me to it Belle! Adelle is another star in the making Like a Star @ heaven We are sooo lucky to have such talented people here not worthy Would be absolutely awesome to have a world tour with Adelle and Mikelana performing....you have a ready made fan club and we'll be front and centre with the giant bears and flowers egg heart giggle
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyThu Jul 13, 2006 4:13 am

Ha ha ha! This is Mikelana's friend! Shussh.... miki doesn't know I'm on her account but you have to hear this. This is her first time trying to sing Classical and I taped it, but only a little bit so she wouldn't know... he he he... I hope you like it... She is pretty good. Well I think so. kk here it is.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25694068/Mikelana_-_The_Prayer__Clip_.wma.html

Wink I hope she doesn't find out that I did this (Staying name less) just incase she is going to hunt me down!

Enjoy!

P.s I'm trying to tell others about her that is why I'm on here and she told me about this site lol I love it! I might have to join but I'll join after or else she'll know who is on her account kk I g2g she is going to come down soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyThu Jul 13, 2006 5:23 pm

Crying or Very sad My friend is so mean! Embarassed She changed my password so I wouldn't delete that post above! So I promised I wouldn't and she changed it back! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I sound so bad! Embarassed

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Music students Empty
PostSubject: hello from Sydney   Music students EmptyFri Jul 14, 2006 12:57 am

Ok we have a secret guest!!! dancing bear
Now that Mikelana has found you out how about telling us who you are happy sun
By the way she sounded pretty good cheers
I wonder if mikelana would let us hear a full version!!!! flower
innocent - harp
wave
xxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
Avril

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-07-14

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyFri Jul 14, 2006 1:02 am

Hey there! See I told you she was good! It's me! Mikelana's friend! How are you all?

***Avie tongue
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyFri Jul 14, 2006 1:03 am

lol I can't do the Classical, so for the full version, not sure.

Avie - YOU!!! You're not my friend no more Crying or Very sad lol no just kidding!

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Avril

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-07-14

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyFri Jul 14, 2006 1:07 am

Mikelana wrote:
lol I can't do the Classical, so for the full version, not sure.

Avie - YOU!!! You're not my friend no more Crying or Very sad lol no just kidding!

- Mikelana xox

How rude! Okay so, a little about me... humph... Not really a singer, but I love to Act and Dance! Oh and one more thing! Mikelana wrote a song! It is really good. The beat of it is the song by Celine Dion - Je ne vous oublie pas but she wrote the song in English and her own words. Pretty cool! I'm trying to make her sing it! and when she does I'll steal it and post it everywhere! ha ha ha lol Anyways I have to get going, I'll come back soon! Wink

**** Avie
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Music students Empty
PostSubject: hello   Music students EmptyFri Jul 14, 2006 1:12 am

AVRIL WELCOME to our forum wave
You are a great friend welcome
We all need like you !! It is our friends that see our talent and want to show others.Mikelana you are a lucky girl innocent - harp
Do you both know each other personally?? or just from the Il DIvo forum??
xxxx
Rania
DD
MF
AF
Back to top Go down
Mikelana

Mikelana

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students EmptyFri Jul 14, 2006 1:14 am

Rania wrote:
AVRIL WELCOME to our forum wave
You are a great friend welcome
We all need like you !! It is our friends that see our talent and want to show others.Mikelana you are a lucky girl innocent - harp
Do you both know each other personally?? or just from the Il DIvo forum??
xxxx
Rania
DD
MF
AF

lol I've known Avril since gr.3 so yah ... lol he he he

- Mikelana xox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music students Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music students   Music students Empty

Back to top Go down