Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meeting Alfio

Go down 
+5
Yvonne35
potential_genius
alfiosgirl
specialjenny
Lynn
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat May 20, 2006 11:22 am

If you've had a chance to see Alfio perform, you would have seen a briliant performer in action. Like a Star @ heaven

This is the place to share your experience with other fans. Smile The first report from Jenny at Alfio's Castle Towers appearance can be found in Touring Artists - Kane Alexander and Alfio.
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Saturday, 20th May 2006 at Parramatta Westfield   Meeting Alfio EmptySat May 20, 2006 12:25 pm

Saturday, 20th May 2006 at Parramatta Westfield

After seeing Alfio perform at Castle Towers last week, Jenny, Jen and I absolutely had to see the next performance - luckily for us, it was only a week's wait. To make it even more fun, Rania, Belle and our mum (Belle's and mine) came along too.

We all met early so we could catch up on the past week's events and then get front and centre for Alfio's performance. We managed to get some great photos - these can be found in the Gallery Very Happy

Alan Jones came on to introduce Alfio and then the man himself came on. Wow. Simply wow - a fantastic performance and wonderful songs; Il Mondo, Il Nostro Sogno, Passione e Voluta, A Mi Manera. When he sat down at the keyboard to play Passione e Voluta it was absolutely amazing. My favourite song was definitely Il Nostro Sogno - a beautiful voice and a beautiful song with lyrics that touch the heart.

Afterwards, the girls and I trooped up to Borders where Alfio was doing signings. We'd brought roses and chocolates which we gave him. Felt so special when he remembered Jen, Jenny and I from last week Shocked ! As we stayed right to the end, we also met Alfio's parents - really lovely people - and chatted with them for a few minutes. Alfio was kind enough to pose for some photos with us - thank you so much, we really appreciated it! Laughing

Jenny has promised to post shortly with her happenings today....

Last edited by on Sat May 20, 2006 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat May 20, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi everyone! *waves to Alfio* Yes he said he checked in the forum before..

This post is going to be a little heart broken for *coughAlfiogirl*

Alfio was on centre stage, Parramatta Westfield 12:30, Alan Jones introduced him, and as usual he sang beautifully, and he certainly remembers Lynn, Jen and I (and knows Rania) as he kept bending down and he looked at me while he sang too in one part. *heart melts* And he treated us with playing on the keyboard. You've got to love a guy with talents.

Then we went up to Borders where he was signing autographs, line was short compare to the amount of people who watched his performance.

When it was my turn, I asked him (as a joke of course) if he'll marry me, and on the poster I've got, he wrote a hug YES!! So I was jumping up and down and screamed to the girls and said "He said Yes he said yes" Oh before all that, he said Hello again, I asked him why he remembers me, he said "How could I possibly forget you?" *another heart melting moment* Anyway, we chatted a bit, don't remember what but I told him he has the most beautiful (and darkest) eyes EVER.

As we (Lynn, Belle, their sweet mummy, Rania, Jenny and me) were hanging around, we saw his parents, so we went up to say hello, and of course I was still jumping up and down and introduced myself as their future daughter in law! His mum said what she said, how he breaks promises (thanks Mum ) But his dad for one moment thought it was real and totally treated me like his daughter in law soon to be! (even after he found out it was a sad joke) he gave me the biggest and longest hug ever and was rubbing my back and we started chatting about all sorts of things and he made sweet comments about what a lovely girl I am, and wanted to know all about my culture, my family and my life. (aww) Then we were talking about Alfio, how he would be so happy if he gets to perform at the Opera house and hit the International market, and how proud he is, and he said he's going to put in nice words for me.

Oh yeah.. then Alfio came down and we had a group photo (I got to have my arms around him! and my head resting on his chest, anyway!!) he was so sweet! Then as we were saying goodbyes, he was giving kisses and handshakes and when we were kinda holding onto eachother's hands for 20 seconds, we (well I) didn't wanna let go!

Before we left, his dad stopped me and made sure he will get to catch up with me again in one of his concerts. And blew me a kiss as we were walking away.

Anyway, that's my LONG story, thanks for reading.

Will insert photos later in the gallery of the forum.

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Number of posts : 167
Location : In the heart & mind of the man whos my inspiration - ALFIO
Registration date : 2006-05-01

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat May 27, 2006 5:01 am

Heartbroken...?? Me...?? Why...??

No chance of that all the way over here in lil' England,
when Alfio's all the way over there in Australia Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Jacqueline
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alfiosgirl
specialjenny

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat May 27, 2006 8:45 am

Don't say that. I think everything and anything is possible. That's what dreams are for. I love you Life would be quite boring without dreams.

I am sure you'll get to meet him one day and who knows what spark you two can produce.

I love you ,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat May 27, 2006 12:37 pm

specialjenny wrote:
Don't say that. I think everything and anything is possible. That's what dreams are for. I love you Life would be quite boring without dreams.

I am sure you'll get to meet him one day and who knows what spark you two can produce.

I love you ,
Jenny

Cool Jenny,

You're right.....life would be boring without dreams I love you

Fantastic report by the way..... cheers Very Happy

See you all soon bounce Very Happy

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyTue May 30, 2006 1:12 pm

I just want to say THANKS to Alfio and Rania
for the signed cd and the beautiful signed
poster-which arrived this morning with me Very Happy

Jacqueline xxxxx

Meeting Alfio THUDMeeting Alfio THUDMeeting Alfio THUD
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-05-10

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyThu Jun 01, 2006 4:19 am

Glad to hear you got it at last! Enjoy sweetie.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyTue Jun 06, 2006 9:42 am

I got to hear and meet Alfio on the 12 May, the day before I went off to Patrizio Buanne's concert at Hamer Hall- wow two great evenings of music.

I met Alfio at the Highpoint instore in Melbourne on May 12, as I said. He was there from 7pm, but the crowd was a little disappointing for a Thursday evening, guess everyone was much more intent on doing their shopping. He was kind of finished both performing and signing before the hour was over, but when he was done, he had pics taken with all the Sanity staff and whoever else was there to promote his Cd.

he performed five songs in the set, all so beautifully. What an amazing voice he has. And I adore all the songs on his album, but in particular Il Nostro Sogno and Fantasy.

I was there alone to see Alfio, so I ended up talking to the girl from Sanity ( as it was a Sanity promotion), and we ended up discussing not only Alfio, but Kane Alexander (the girl I was speaking to, thinks he is brilliant also), Il Divo and Patrizio Buanne, oh and we also talked about Anthony Callea, whilst I was waiting for Alfio to come on stage. Bonus too, as I was there really early and got to see him doing his soundcheck also.

Alfio is so friendly, I have a photo with him, hope it has turned out, but my film will not be finished for ages yet.

I saw his performance on the Today show the other week and his performance on Kerri Anne on Friday morning- all fantastic.
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyTue Jun 06, 2006 1:05 pm

He is very down to earth and good looking hey?? Oh and the voice!! hahahaha

Hope the photo turns out great and of course you'll share it with us won't you? I love you

Love,
Jenny

P.S Any plans to see him again soon?
Back to top Go down
Rania
Rania

Number of posts : 74

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySun Jun 25, 2006 4:17 pm

Ok Jenny Very Happy
How was the glorious Italian tonight???? Shocked Shocked :shock
We want reports please !!!! bounce bounce
One week to go then our turn !!! cheers
WAITING!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
xxxx
Rania
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyMon Jun 26, 2006 10:05 am

Alfio - The Vanguard 25/06/06

My friend and I took forever to find the venue, it's a tiny little block on a busy road. The venue is Tiny!!!!! Downstairs were filled with tables and the bar, so my friend and I went upstairs and had front row seats, perfect view. I looked down and saw Alfio's parents sitting right up the front, so I thought I would go and say hello if they remember me. I went over and said hello and asked if they remembered me, Mr Bonanno said "Of course darling, you are part of the family!" and then introduced me to the rest of the people on that table as "she is going to marry Alfio" lol! Quick chat and I left them alone. Alan Jones was also there sitting next to Mr Bonanno.

The support act - to my opinion was boring and long. Just my opinion though!! I would say 80% of the audience talked, ate, drank while she performed. She performed for about an hr.

Then Alfio came on and sang Fantasy, and then he sang a couple more from the album: Il nostro sogno, Stars shine for you, Quando Quando Quando, Il Mondo, My Love forgive me (mostly English), Catari (the people behind me all stood up and danced), Passione e Volutta (on piano of course), My Way (in mostly English I think) and dedicated Ave Maria to his mum.

And you can expect lots of piano playing from the boss. pirat His band/orchestra were great and if you think listening to the songs from the CD is good.. think again!! I did think the music was a bit too loud though.

AND Alfio sang a couple of songs NOT from the album and he should totally include them in the next album as they were absolutely fantastic!!! Ohh and ladies, I hope you like the concept of man + guitar. king I would say - you ladies are in for a big treat next week!!!!!!

Won't spoil it all for you now.

Oh and sorry no photos, it was very dark and because I was sitting above everyone, I didn't want to disturb other people. Will try and get some next week.

After the gig:
(nothing exciting really) Was chatting to the girl selling his CDs, she said, Alfio got changed and came and stayed for about 0.5 hr last week, so we expected him to do the same this week. But no, he didn't get change and didn't stay, he said quick hellos to a couple of ladies (very attractive ones too may I say?) and I had to literally pull his arm to stop him from flying across me, he gave me kisses and said "you are Jenny right?" then he said hellos to 2 other people and walked out, ran across the street to the car and my friend and I left as we didn't want to bother him.

END OF STORY. Looking forward to next week.

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyMon Jun 26, 2006 2:41 pm

WOW Jenny sounds like the concert was fantastic!
Eagerly waiting my my turn with our dream Alfio. Hopefully he can hang around and chat and the end of the night, but no doubt he will be tired from a long night. Thanks again for the fast report! Very Happy

Love Andrea
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyTue Jun 27, 2006 12:45 am

Glad to hear that the concert went well Jenny Razz Razz Razz Razz

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyTue Jun 27, 2006 3:43 pm

Sounds like you had a completely wonderful time Jenny!! Wow Guess you're looking forward to Sunday even more now with the girls since you know what you're in store for... bounce bounce bounce

Can't wait to see Alfio perform in August.... Wink
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat Jul 01, 2006 2:24 am

Hi girls!!!!!
I am in SYDNEY!! Staying with my beautiful friend, and am very excited about seeing Alfio. Smile

Love Andrea xx
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat Jul 01, 2006 2:25 am

Ohhhhhh I wish I was there to my friend.....

Hope you got there ok..?!!

talk soon...I hope!

J x
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat Jul 01, 2006 6:05 am

Yes sweetie I got here just fine..good flight and WOW! This place is just gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat Jul 01, 2006 6:48 am

Hey and Welcome to Sydney - hope you have a great time here!
Enjoy Alfio... !
Belle
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat Jul 01, 2006 7:47 am

Welcome to Sydney!!!!! See you tomorrow night - looking forward to it!!

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySat Jul 01, 2006 11:27 pm

I love you Have fun later on today at the concert ladies Razz Razz

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
potential_genius

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 6:11 pm

Hello Pip & everyone , it's Rania and Andrea here, just got back from the most amazing evening ever. Can that man sing? He oozes charisma, charm and sophistication. I love you I love you I love you
He came with all his friends and family, and everyone was so appreciative of Alfio's oustanding talent. The music was impeccable, the musicians were second to none, the food was 5 stars Very Happy bounce bounce .

The atmosphere was electric and everyone was so excited to be there. Alfio knows his craft and oh my GOD he was outstanding. After the concert, he was gracious and kind with his time and energy for us, giving photos, autographs and special presents until late in the night. His friends, you know who you are, we welcome you to our forum and please post, it would be a pleasure to have such handsome and intelligent men to join our forum.
Thankyou for the lift... Wink we enjoyed your company and we would have loved to have taken you up on your offer, perhaps next time.

To our dear Pip, Alfio was touched by your sincerity and your love for him, he said that he doesn't deserve you, and he was touched by your very special gift. Alfio knows that you are his biggest fan, he mentioned your beautiful siggi with the Sydney Opera House, he mentioned it many a time. We have a special gift from Alfio for you, you will wrapt. We wished you were there, we tried to call you, he wanted to say hello. pale. Maybe next time. Wink

We have videos, photos and Alfio was generous enough to sign something very special for you.

To everyone who is yet to see this amazing musician live, you are real treat. We love you, Alfio, thankyou for an amazing evening, you are very special.

Love from,
Rania and Andrea xxxx
Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

alfiosgirl

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 11:01 pm

To Rania & Andrea Very Happy

Shocked OMG....it sounds like you had an amazing time
with Alfio...I am so happy for the two of you!!!!

Thanks for everything,that the two of you have done
for me Cool

To Alfio.....if you just happen to be reading this Razz

I just want to thank you for everything and more & for
just being the beautiful person that you are.

I hope that one day soon our paths will cross.....

Forever love...you truely are my Inspiration I love you

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyMon Jul 03, 2006 3:21 am

WOW - sounds like you had a fantastic time ladies. Very Happy Thanks for the great report Andrea and Rania!! cheers So glad you enjoyed yourselves - can't wait to see the photos and clips.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio EmptyMon Jul 03, 2006 7:51 am

Where do I even begin? Alfio sang wonderfully just like last sunday, at least they've got the song orders right this time! And as usual - very animated. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven performance for me too. And he was very connected with certain groups of the audience. Thanks Alfio for catching my kiss and giving me your heart.

To Jen, Rania & our beautiful guest from Perth..Miss Andrea - It was a pleasure spending the evening with you ladies and hope to do it all over again soon!! I love you

To Alfio & his gorgeous friends - thanks for staying behind and for the lift back to Hilton's and it was lovely to meet you guys and what a laugh it was. And thanks to you know who you are for making me put my hand in Alfio's jacket. This is the perfect example of peer pressure. And thanks to Alfio for putting up with me. egg heart (just testing new icons here)

To crew and all at Vanguard - Food was yum and thanks for a perfect night.

Forgot to mention, Jacq, you are a Like a Star @ heaven and a sweetheart in Alfio's heart forever on..... you lucky lucky girl!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meeting Alfio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Alfio   Meeting Alfio Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Alfio
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next