Amore Divine Sempre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Media and Links

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyThu May 18, 2006 3:14 pm

Our lovely moderator Rania discovered that Kane was on the Today show and found the link, you can see the clip here:

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm?g=951bdc52-32f3-43a0-8cce-4a2173fd5159&f=&fg=email

Last edited by on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://amoredivinesempre.forumotion.com
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyMon Jun 05, 2006 9:45 am

here is another link and you can view Kane's performance of "The Prayer" from the Carols By Candlelight in Melbourne, plus a couple of other performances, just click on the live video link.

this link also gives a biography on everything Kane has done in regards to theatre and cabaret performances.

I just noted that he probably wouldn't know my friend, unless my friend did the Sydney season of the Wizard of Oz.

here is the link now.

http://www.ovations.com.au/bios/KaneAlexander.shtml
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyFri Jun 09, 2006 6:50 am

I know this is in the wrong place, but these are articles I found in mags such as the Sain mag from Sanity stores and The Edge mag. The introduction thread didn't let me post it.

This article is from The Edge music mag- a free mag from Leading Edge music stores.

Popera with a capital P!

Kane Alexander

"I had an idea that I wanted to make something in the classical crossover genre, but make it more in the pop genre than the other classical crossovers around,"Kane explains of his first release. Featuring a mix of well and lesser known tracks, including a duet with Tina Arena and Italian translation of Celine Dion track "How Do I Live" (Come Vivrei), Kane wants it to appeal to a wider audience than crossovers might usually encounter.
"The album will be able to cater for younger people as well as older because there are some great melodies there. We've also got some jazz influences, quite a bit of pop and some emi operatic music as well,"he explains. " I didn't want to put out an album, where every track sounded a bit the same, you know, I really wanted to create a fresh sound."
Not bad.

They have made an error calling it Celine's song.
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyFri Jun 09, 2006 6:55 am

this is the advertisement in the Edge mag and what is says - it is on page 43, the interview in this mag is on page 26

Kane is a 27 year old classically trained vocalist. His debut album features 11 tracks sung in English and Italian.

Includes a stunning duet with Tina Arena, Timeless and an emotion driven interpretation of Roy Orbison's Crying.

Recorded in Stockholm and London with support from the Stockholm Symphony Orchestra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the music interview from Sain mag- page 30- new June edition.

Gentleman Kane

There's no doubting the popularity of the classical music crossover genre. Acts like Il Divo and Amici have sold squillions, and now Australia has another of it's very own classically trained singers with broad pop appeal- the suave Kane Alexander.

This Melbourne based artist has just released his self-titled debut album and people are predicting big things for the 27 year old.

Blessed with good looks, charm and a fantastic singing voice, Kane has always had a love of classical music, even from a young age.
" I studied at the Victorian College of Arts when I was about 14, doing classical singing and opera,"Kane explains to us. "When I came out of there, I ended up doing a bit of acting and theatre before heading over to New York, where I lived for a couple of years- just to study acting. But I ended up playing the clubs and piano bars and learnt a lot about jazz , which I also have a passion for.

Back in Australia, a chance meeting with Sony BMG head-honcho Denis Handlin, led to Kane being offered the opportunity to record the album, he had always dreamed of making.

"I love film music and I wanted to record an album with a cinematic quality,"tells the talented vocalist. "We had a symphony orchestra play on the tracks and we scored it like it was film music."

The album features a broad range of songs from varied genres including an Italian version of Trisha Yearwood's country track "How Do I Live" and Seal's soulful "Kiss From A Rose". But for Kane, his own personal highlight was Ennio Morricone's evocative "Nella Fantasia"- the theme from the film "The Mission".

"I was really pleased that I got to record that- it was such a joy,"says Kane.
"It was probably the most classical song on the album and it was what I wanted to anchor the album with, being a classical singer. There are a lot of pop-tinged and jazz-influenced songs on the album, but I just wanted to make sure there was something that was all about the classical element.

Kane also took up the opportunity to pen a few songs of his own, coming up with the opening track"Escape" a song about ending a relationship and "Breathe" about the power of the ocean. "I find the ocean very calming, almost meditative for me,"says Kane.

After introducing himself to audiences around the country by supporting Il Divo on their recent Australian tour, Kane is looking forward to touring his own show in the coming months. "The tour with Il Divo was fantastic and a bit of an entree, I suppose, because I hadn't done a big tour like that before. I can't wait till I have an opportunity to get out on the road and do it again.

Words Huggy

Notice the mistake they made calling How Do I Live a Celine track in the other mag article I posted up.

also in the first couple of pages in the new Sain mag, you will find a small pic of Alfio, two very small ones of Patrizio and one of Kane being kissed on both cheeks by two ladies ( he with a very happy grin on his face). It says about Kane being a favorite with the ladies at the instore and Alfio tugging at your heartstrings. Just about suave male crooners at instores recently.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin
Belle

Number of posts : 199

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyFri Jun 09, 2006 12:19 pm

Thanks Yvonne - you certainly go to a lot of trouble to keep us in the loop. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyFri Jun 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Great interviews/articles!! Thanks so much Y! You are such a champ!!

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySat Jun 10, 2006 8:17 am

Thankyou, but I always pick up those free mags each month, I like to see what is out there, so it is no problem at all. That is how I discovered about Alfio through the Sanity magazine.

Now I am just looking forward to seeing Kane perform on the Footy Show next Sunday ( perhaps even more so than ever now, due to the disappointment of not seeing the Divo's on the Opening Ceremony on SBS- all that anticipation last night for what- SBA( I won't say what that means, I will let you all work it out, hehe). I am considering banning SBS from my viewing schedule now and that is a hard call for me (since I love Inspector Rex)- ah maybe by the time that has returned, I will have gotten over my anger at them for not showing them performing and thinking they could just appease us, by showing the video clips of TOOL ( once in full and again just a few mins later) after 11.30pm. Can't be done SBS, that only succeeded in raising the anticipation to such a level, like you wouldn't believe.
Back to top Go down
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySat Jun 10, 2006 9:12 am

I know! I was very disappointed!!!! Stupid SBS! lol

But I did stay up to 4am watching Germany VS Costa Rica as Germany is my favourite team (and has always been) and Oliver Kahn is my favourite footballer of allllllll time!!

I love you

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySat Jun 10, 2006 9:48 am

Someone on Shannon Noll's forum gave me this link about Kane's appearance on BH, but I don't think it is too useful.

Other than the title of the ep and the number of it and date.

Anyway here goes.

http://www.tv.com/kane-alexander/person/285213/appearances.html
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyMon Jun 19, 2006 9:57 am

I had been posting for ages now about Kane on the classical x forum, but I forgot to put him down as a suggested artist, just kept on posting in the general chat area.

www.classicalx.com.

Hopefully they will put him on there one day. Fingers crossed.

I also suggested Alfio- whom I had already posted heaps about in the same section. No one seems to notice that section.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Number of posts : 201

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyMon Jun 19, 2006 10:26 am

Thanks Yvonne - I'm sure the guys appreciate your support. The little tidbits you keep us updated with are definitely appreciated here... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:34 am

In the interest of keeping the threads logical and relevant, the following messages have been moved from Kane's Live Appearances...

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Tue 6 Jun 2006 - 13:32

Yvonne35 wrote:
Hi everyone, found this extremely important item of news for you all in yesterday's Herald Sun newspaper. So put this down in your diaries as a must- watch (even if you don't like AFL or NRL), I do, so I watch it religiously every week without fail- AFL, I mean, but I don't mind the NRL ( Go Melbourne Storm) Very Happy

Just wanted to let you all know that Kane Alexander is going to be on the combined AFL/NRL footy show that is going to be televised on the 18 June- that is a Sunday evening. Very Happy

The actual footy show teams are going to do the show from Germany, but I am not sure if they are crossing back and forth between the Melbourne studios (where the footy show is usually done), the Sydney studios (where the NRL show is done) and Germany (if that makes any sense). What I should say is that some members of both shows will be left behind in their respective states of Australia, whilst others trot off to do the show from Germany.

On this footy show not only Kane will be performing, but Tina Arena is on (perhaps they will be performing "Timeless"), also 80's band "Simple Minds"and also US rock band "Live", so to me it is a very good line up of performers, although I did see SM in concert a few years back and wasn't incredibly enthralled by their concert, it was ok, but I took the ticket at the last minute off someone else, who couldn't, at the last minute, go.

Now it will be on Channel 9, I think it will be a 2 hour show, so I imagine it will begin at 8.30pm, after Sixty Minutes has ended.

http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whatson/events/html/events/1/81453.html

this is a link with info about the race meeting at Eagle Farm and Kane's performance.

Yvonne

Last edited by on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:35 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Tue 6 Jun 2006 - 20:09

specialjenny wrote:
OHH Thanks for that! I'll tape the show and fast forward to the bit where Kane performs! hehe and a live performance with Tina would be totally awesome!

Love,
Jenny

Last edited by on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:35 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Wed 7 Jun 2006 - 17:02

Yvonne35 wrote:
here is the article about Kane being on the Footy show on the 18th June.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19360727%255E28957,00.html

Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Wed 14 Jun 2006 - 22:51

specialjenny wrote:
Kane Alexander + Tina Arena Perform 'Timeless' Live In Munich For World Cup Special!

It's going to be a huge night in Munich this Sunday when Kane Alexander hits the stage to duet with Tina Arena on 'Timeless' (from Kane's debut self-titled album) as part of Nine's World Cup Footy Show Spectacular ahead of the Socceroo's clash with Brazil on Monday morning (AEST). Also featuring Simple Minds and Live, tune into Nine from 8.30pm to catch all the action.

Kane Alexander is winging his way to Germany to sing it for the Socceroo's ahead of their hotly-tipped clash with Brazil in the 2006 FIFA World Cup this Monday (2am AEST).

Kane will be hitting the stage as part Nine's World Cup Footy Show Spectacular, live from Munich, to perform his stunning duet 'Timeless' with Aussie pop icon Tina Arena and it seems both Kane and Tina are equally excited about their first public performance of the stunning track together for this very special occasion.

"I'm really looking forward to performing in Munich with Kane Alexander. He and I recorded the track 'Timeless' together in with nutty-but-nice super-producer Anders Bagge. We haven't had the chance to see each other since then so it will be good to catch up... and what an occasion... Australia v Brasil in the World Cup. My father is so excited - he insists I go and watch the match. He's such a classic!! I'm very, very proud," says Tina on her official website, www.tinaarena.com

Taken from Kane's self-titled album, 'Timeless' also appears on the official 2006 World Cup album, 'Voices', alongside the official World Cup theme song 'Time Of Our Lives', performed by Toni Braxton and Il Divo, whom Kane supported on their Australian tour earlier this year.

'80s legends Simple Minds and US rockers Live will also take part in the bumper event in a show of support for the Australian soccer team.

Hosted by the AFL and NRL Footy Show stars, and featuring appearances by retired Socceroo Tony Vidmar, Irish soccer star Roy Keane and Eddie McGuire among others, this is going to be one huge night of television not to be missed. Be watching Channel Nine from 8.30pm on Sunday night to catch all the action.

Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:36 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Mon 19 Jun 2006 - 14:56

Yvonne35 wrote:
Kane and Tina were amazing last night on the Footy Show spectacular. I wish they could have sung more, and for Kane to do a solo as well, but never mind. I think they should release "Timeless" as a single, right now.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:41 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Mon 19 Jun 2006 - 17:30

specialjenny wrote:
He was fantastic!! I just wish they didn't kept him till the last minute. I was facing the TV trying to study psychology at the same time since the beginning of the show and I ended up watching the whole thing. Bad idea to try to study.

I wish he sang a solo too, but the the audience loved him and it must felt awesome to be singing live from Munich.

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:42 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Sat 24 Jun 2006 - 15:26

Yvonne35 wrote:
look what I have found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbAxvoBMlqw
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:47 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Sun 25 Jun 2006 - 1:53

specialjenny wrote:
GREAT WORK!! I am sure the people who missed out on seeing it would appreciate it!! I watch my tape all the time! I love this song!!

Love,
Jenny

Last edited by on Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:48 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Mon 26 Jun 2006 - 17:22

Yvonne35 wrote:
I like Kane's touring diary of his time in Munich, it is on his site now, so his sister lives in Berlin and she speaks
fluent German.

Have a great time seeing Kane live on Saturday evening everyone who is going and also for those going this evening in Melbourne.

Very important news, I just saw on his site, Kane will be performing the aussie National anthem before the State of Origin match between Queensland and New South Wales at Telstra Dome here in Melbourne on Wednesday evening, July 5th.

Telecast is on from 7.30pm on Channel 9.

National anthem is performed once all the players from both sides are out on the field.

I think the match will begin at 8pm (don't quote me, just watch from 7.30pm, to be on the safe side).
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:50 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Fri 30 Jun 2006 - 16:00

Belle wrote:
Thank you so much Yvonne - we'll be sure to take lots of photos!
As for the State of Origin - it'll be the first time I'll actually watch it... rotfl
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptySun Jul 02, 2006 10:51 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Fri 30 Jun 2006 - 19:16

Lynn wrote:
Thanks Yvonne dancing bear will have to make sure i catch the start then....not a huge game fan...
Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyWed Jul 05, 2006 8:32 am

this is from my Kane Alexander google alert.

http://sportsaustralia.com/articles/jul06/artid5980.html

it is about him performing the anthem tonight. 7.30pm on Channel 9 the telecast begins.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyThu Jul 06, 2006 9:46 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Today at 11:32

Belle wrote:
Just a quick note - it's a shame there wasn't more footage of Kane singing at the game last night.. there was maybe less than a second? Mad frying pan oh well - seeing him live is much better.

Last edited by on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin
Lynn

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links EmptyThu Jul 06, 2006 9:47 am

Subject: Kane's Live Appearances Today at 13:21

Yvonne35 wrote:
here is something from my Kane google alert today. The Courier Mail said his performance of the anthem was stirring. I heard the commentators say it was a brilliant rendition of the anthem. So true, brilliant observation there, commentators. Very Happy

I agree they don't focus on the artist singing for too long at all, I know it is all about the players, but that takes nothing away from how fantastic he sounded at Telstra Dome- well from a tv perspective anyway, because I wasn't there to watch it in person.

anyway here is the article and it is a way down the page.

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,19696123-5003400,00.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Media and Links Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media and Links   Media and Links Empty

Back to top Go down

Media and Links
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next